Hey there Internet friends! It’s been a busy week of renovation madness around here, and I figured I’d better get around to showing you some progress pictures of our veranda!
Ugh, terrible and dangerous. The roof was beginning to pull away from the brick. No wonder, since it was being held to the bricks by nothing but 100 year old rusted nails!
I could not wait until the weather warmed up to begin tearing it apart! I started the demolition by tearing the railings off, but Mike and my dad (who was not very enthusiastic about being photographed for my blog) certainly finished it!
Well, a lot has happened since this photo was taken! We’re not done, but we’re really getting there!
We had to completely redesign the columns, since the bottoms were rotten and home to a colony of carpenter ants. I absolutely love how they turned out! In fact, I like them more now than I did before!
There’s still a lot of work to do, but the end is in sight!